Block a stolen cell phone remotely
If your smartphone has been stolen - be it an Android phone or an iPhone - you can try to lock it remotely using some system functions. To do this, however, the device must be turned on, connected to the Internet and have GPS active, which means that you may not be able to block it and possibly locate it.
Please note: if before the theft you installed advanced anti-theft apps on your phone (such as the ones I told you about in this guide), I recommend that you use the functions offered by them, since they are much more effective than those offered “Standard” from Android and iOS. These applications, in fact, allow you to locate the device, control it via SMS and even prevent the deactivation of the Internet connection or shutdown.
If you own (or rather, owned) a smartphone Android, connected to the Find my device page, log in to the Google account set up on the device and wait for it to be located. If the device is identified on the map (in addition to informing the public safety authorities), press the item immediately Lock the device (top left) and fill out the form that appears on the screen by choosing one Password that prevents access to the device.
If you want, you can also remotely delete the content on your smartphone (so as to prevent thieves from accessing the data contained within it). To do this, you have to press the button Reset device present on the page Android Device Management and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the operation, which is irreversible and makes the phone no longer available remotely (so think carefully before completing it!).
I remind you that it is possible to access Find my device also from other Android devices if necessary: just download and use a special app, whose operation is almost identical to that of the online service I mentioned earlier.
You have been stolen a iPhone? Know that, even in this case, you can try to lock the device remotely: to do this, connected to iCloud.com, log in with the login data of your Apple ID and press the icon Find iPhone.
Wait, then, for the map to load, open the menu All devices at the top and select the device of your interest (eg. iPhone of [your name and surname]). If your iPhone is actually located, in addition to reporting the matter to the competent authorities, press the button Lost mode located in the box at the top right, type (if necessary) a phone number to be displayed on the lock screen and press the button NEXT.
Then, type (if you want) a message to be displayed on the iPhone screen and presses on the item end to activate the lost mode: by doing so, the "iPhone by" will be blocked using the current unlock code. If, on the other hand, you have not set up a passcode, you will be prompted to do so at the moment.
If you want to remotely delete all the data on the device, press the button Initialize the iPhone placed in the box located at the top right: before doing this, however, take into account that this action is irreversible and makes it impossible to locate the device again remotely.
I remind you that the “Find iPhone” service is also accessible in the form of an app for iPhone and iPad and works in a similar way to the online service I just told you about.
Block SIM and IMEI
An operation that you absolutely must do if your mobile phone has been stolen is request the blocking of the SIM and IMEI code. By blocking the SIM, in fact, you can continue to use the mobile number by requesting a new card (the cost of the operation usually amounts to a few euros); blocking the IMEI, on the other hand, renders the stolen device unusable on the entire national network.
You're wondering how you can block the SIM inserted into the cell phone that was stolen from you? You simply have to contact your manager, follow the instructions that will be given to you by the voice guide and press the number corresponding to the assistance in case of theft and / or loss. By doing so, you can ask the operator who will assist you to block the SIM and request a new one (with the same number). Here are the numbers of the main cittàn operators.
- TIM - 119.
- Vodafone - 190.
- wind - 155.
- Three - 800 832 323.
- Iliad - 177.
- Poste Mobile - 160.
- Fastweb Mobile - 192 193.
IMEI code lock
To request the IMEI code lock, instead, you must first go back to the latter. If you have the purchase package of the device that was stolen with you, check that thelabel which shows the code in question.
If you have missed a iPhone, you can also be able to trace the IMEI via iTunes: after starting the latter on the computer you used to back up the device, go to Edit> Preferences (your Windows) or iTunes> Preferences (on macOS), select the tab devices from the window that opens and let the mouse cursor rest on the iPhone name to view information about him (including IMEI). For more information on how to check the IMEI code, see the in-depth study that I have linked to you.
Once the IMEI of the lost cell phone is located, contact the public security authorities e report the theft of the device. Once this is done, go to your manager's website and fill in the IMEI code lock request form, attaching to the latter a copy of the complaint made and your valid identity document. Here's how you need to proceed, based on your carrier.
- TIM - linked on this page, locate the item Request for IMEI blocking and unblocking for stolen or lost devices, pig sul sul bottone Fill in placed next to it, fill out the form with all the requested information and send it using the appropriate button. Alternatively, press the button Download to download the form and then print it, fill it in and send it by post to the address TIM Customer Service P.O.Box 555 00054 - Fiumicino RM.
- Vodafone - connect to this page, log into your MyVodafone account, fill out the form that is proposed to you and attach a copy of your valid identity document and the theft report using the appropriate buttons you see on the screen.
- wind - download this form in PDF format, print it, complete it in its entirety and send it together with a copy of your valid identity document and the theft report to the address WIND TELECOMUNICAZIONI SpA - Post office box n. 14155 - Milan Post Office 65 - 20152 MILAN MI.
- Three - download this form in PDF format, print it, fill it out in its entirety and fax it to the number +800 179 700 XNUMX attaching a copy of your valid identity document and the copy of the theft report.
- Iliad - download this form, print it, fill it out in its entirety and fax it to the number 02 30377960 or by post to the address Iliad città SpA CP 14106 20146 Milan, remembering to attach a copy of your valid identity document and a copy of the theft report.
- Fastweb Mobile - download this form, print it, fill it out in its entirety and fax it to the number 02 36656449 remembering to enclose a copy of your valid identity document and a copy of the theft report.
- Poste Mobile - download this form, print it, fill it out in its entirety and fax it to the number +800 074 470 XNUMX attaching a copy of a valid identity document and a copy of the complaint.