You can't wait to get involved and unlock Tekken characters? Great purpose, it is in fact the only way to become an expert in the game, learning about and using the complete park of wrestlers. Before proceeding, however, I think it is best to clarify the difference between the unlockable characters and the alternative clothes, also I warn you that the number of fighters to unlock has been decreasing over time.
Regarding the unlockable and hidden characters, you must know that both types of unlockable content are included in the Tekken series, sometimes in fact there are real ones secret characters. These fighters are “hidden” behind another character's icon, unlike those characters that unlock and become selectable (and therefore visible) in the fighter's choice menu.
There is a fundamental difference between a character with his dedicated icon and a hidden character, that is the fighting style, in more technical words, the moveset. Hidden characters, being selectable by pressing a key or a combination of keys while in the character choice menu in correspondence with an already unlocked fighter, fully share his fighting style. That is why, these kinds of characters are often compared to an "alternative dress". Would you like to understand better with a practical example? No problem, in the course of this guide it will be my concern to warn you when a fighter is hidden and selectable as an alternate costume.
How to unlock Tekken 7 characters
I would like to tell you first of all that i unlockable characters from Tekken 7 they can be counted using the fingers of one hand. Unlike the previous chapters, the choice of the developers was to make almost the entire roster of fighters available immediately, so that all players could immediately specialize with their favorite fighters and better prepare for online multiplayer challenges. .
Furthermore, several additional characters can be used exclusively through the purchase of content downloadable (DLC), or of season pass. If you want to buy them but have no idea how to do it, you can find out how to buy digital content on PlayStation by following this guide of mine, or this one on how to buy content on Xbox Live if you play on Xbox platforms.
Nonetheless, there are some alternate characters that you can unlock. Some of them are considered "transformations" of others. Basically an unlockable extra character in Tekken 7 is called Eliza. This vampire queen, however, remains the prerogative of the first buyers of Tekken 7, as it was unlockable for free only through DLC delivered at the launch. Although the developers had announced that the purchase would only be possible within 30 days from the launch of Tekken 7 on the market, today it is still possible to buy Eliza from the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live and Steam.
Excluding this first character (whose unlock is bound today to the purchase of the relative DLC), a special mention deserves the character Devil Kazuya, a transformation of the character Kazuya. To use Kazuya in his true demonic form it is not possible to simply select him, but instead you must choose Kazuya and bring his bar Rage Art at most.
Once you have reached this state (recognizable by the character's life bar flashing in red), press the key combination fist, more specifically, press the button on Sony consoles R1 and that RB on Xbox platforms.
Moving on to the next fighter, here's how to unlock Violet. In nearly every Tekken, since its first appearance, Violet and fighter Lee Chaolan are selectable as per the choice of an alternate costume. Also in Tekken 7 Violet is selectable from the character choice screen, by positioning yourself over the wrestler Lee but choosing the second player's costume.
This at the time of writing is all you need to know about Tekken 7's unlockable characters. In fact, all the other characters, like Final night, XNUMX, they can be unlocked, as I told you, only through the purchase of DLC e season pass. For the sake of completeness, here are what are (at the time of writing) that can be purchased: Craig marduk, Fahkumram, Negan, GanryuArmor King, Lei Wulong, Noctis, Eliza, Geese Howard, Leroy Smith, Anna Williams, Julia Chang e Zafina.
How to unlock Tekken 6 characters
If you are looking for how to unlock Tekken 6 characters, then you may be disappointed that in this chapter the wrestlers are already all available from the beginning.
This is a deliberate choice of Namco (game developer), as he preferred not to include unlockable characters and immediately allow all players to try and specialize in the use of one or more fighters.
A choice that goes hand in hand with the desire to orient the title more towards its competitive multiplayer mode, online included. If you are a single player, then take the positive side of this absence: with all the fighters available, you can immediately dedicate yourself to discovering the other unlockable extras!
How to unlock Tekken 5 characters
You would like to know how to unlock Tekken 5 characters? Well, the fifth installment of the Tekken series, originally released on PlayStation 2, has added charismatic new fighters to his much-loved roster. Among them, the unlockable (or hidden) ones are the following.
- Roger Jr. - available after completing Story Mode once.
- Anna Williams - available after beating Story Mode twice.
- Baek - available after beating Story Mode three times.
- Bruce irvin - available after beating Story mode four times.
- Wang Jinrei - available after completing Story mode five times using different characters.
- Kuma - available after completing Story Mode six times using different characters.
- Ganryu - available after completing Story Mode seven times using different characters.
- Mokujin - available after completing Story mode eight times using different characters.
- Heihachi - available after beating Story Mode nine times using different characters.
- Devil Jin - available after playing 200 matches and then unlocking and completing the Devil Within mode.
- Eddy - available by selecting Christie as an alternative costume to purchase.
How to unlock Tekken 4 characters
First Tekken to be released on Sony's most successful platform, the PlayStation 2. A title on which fans of the series have placed high hopes because it is a direct follow-up to the enormous success of Tekken 3. If you want to try your hand at the enterprise, here is how to unlock Tekken 4 characters.
- Nina Williams - available after beating Story Mode three times.
- Jin Kazama - available after completing Story Mode once.
- Lee/Violet - available after beating Story Mode twice. To choose Violet select Lee by pressing the circle key
- Lei Wulong - available after beating Story mode four times.
- Brian fury - available after beating Story Mode five times.
- Julia Chang - available after beating Story Mode six times.
- Kuma - available after completing Story Mode seven times.
- Combot - available after beating Story Mode nine times.
- Eddy - available after completing Story Mode with Christie. To select it, press the triangle button by hovering over the Christie icon.
- Miharu - available after completing Story mode with Xiaoyu To select it, press the triangle button by placing yourself over the Xiaoyu icon.
- Heihachi Mishima - available after completing Story mode eight times.
- Panda - in the character selection screen, go to Kuma and press the triangle or circle button.
How to unlock Tekken 3 characters
Tekken 3, keystone of the series, backbone of the fighting game genre and pinnacle of reference in expressing judgments and opinions on fighting video games (especially those in three dimensions). So it doesn't surprise me if, even years after its release on the first PlayStation, you're looking for advice on how to unlock Tekken 3 characters.
- Heihachi - available after completing the Arcade mode with seven characters.
- Kuma - available after completing Arcade mode once.
- Mokujin - available after completing Arcade mode with four characters.
- Anna Williams - available after completing Arcade mode with five characters.
- Panda - after unlocking Kuma, select it with the circle or X button.
- Julia Chang - available after completing Arcade mode with two characters.
- Gun Jack - available after completing Arcade mode with three characters.
- Bryan Fury - available after completing Arcade mode with six characters.
- Ogre - available after completing Arcade mode with eight characters.
- True Ogre - available after completing Arcade mode with nine characters.
- Tiger - available after completing Arcade mode with 16 characters. To select it, press the triangle button on Eddy.
As if these weren't enough already, there are still two more unlockable ones: Gon e Dr. Bosconovitch.
The first can be unlocked by hitting it in the mode Tekken Ball, in turn available after finishing the Arcade with 10 characters. Alternatively, you can also unlock Gon by finishing first on the mode leaderboard Survival o Time Attack and writing "GON" as a name to rank. Finally, Gon is unlockable even if he is beaten in random encounters in Arcade mode.
For the second, however, you have to complete the mode Tekken Force with any character four times, so as to unlock all three keys, then the fourth time it becomes possible to fight and defeat Dr. Bosconovitch. If beaten, the Doctor becomes selectable.
How to unlock Tekken Tag Tournament 2 characters
Despite Tekken Tag Tournament 2 it is not a canonical chapter of the series (in other words, not directly connected with the main saga) it remained for all the years that separated the release of Tekken 6 to that of Tekken 7, the chapter on which players have honed the most their abilities.
It should be noted, however, that the roster of characters is quite rich from the beginning. In fact, the extra characters were released via free DLC. If you're wondering who I am, well four are Michelle chang, Angel, Ancient Ogre e Kunimitsu, first released as an extra with game pre-order, while the other six are Unknown, Miharu Hirano, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Dr. Bosconovitch e Violet.
Ultimately, if you really can talk about how to unlock Tekken Tag Tournament 2 characters, then to be exact it should be said that only Super Combot DX can be considered as such. To use it in offline and unranked online modes, you need to complete the mode Fight Lab. Well, one is still better than none, right? I just have to wish you a good fight and lots of fun!How to unlock Tekken characters